Collision Shop did terrible job. Easy job not fixed right. If not corrected, will file complaint with insurance company and whoever else I can.
0/0 users found this helpful.
If I could give Dayton Collision ZERO stars, I would.
My Mazdaspeed 3 was t-boned and brought to this service center by my insurance company. My car was there for two weeks, when I got the call it was ready for pick up.
It was after hours, but the Toyota service desk helped me, and I was to leave my rental there, and pick up my car. I spent an hour going over every detail of repair, and immediately found the following wrong, took pics, and figured I could deal with it another day.
- The sheet metal of my quarter panel was not completely fixed. There was an area by the ground effects that was chipped and not filled in or painted
- The door skin was not aligned flush with the car, and was pushed in
- The plastic panel that goes from the top of the door to the roof was severely damaged - the plastic looked cut up above the door itself, and the weather stripping was falling off
It appeared to me my driver's wheel camber was off, so I took her for a drive.
- My alignment was NOT done. My steering wheel was completely turned left, and the car went to the right no matter how much I turned the wheel left
- The vibration was so bad, the car was not controllable at high speed
- My Xenon self leveling headlight on the driver's side was NOT working, so my AFS light was blinking on my dash
I turned around and brought the car back immediately. Took the rental back and left this laundry list of issues in writing at the service desk. I also called my insurance company, and send them the list via email. I also put in writing to check my camber, that my suspension had damage.
I come to find out thru my insurance company, that Dayton had to bring my car to Tire Barn to find out why it wouldn't stay in alignment. Tire Barn confirmed what I said (sorry, I happen to be a woman who knows about cars), that my suspension needed to be replaced. A control arm and bearings were changed. (nothing else from what I understand). Another alignment is done.
Fast forward to three MORE weeks later (a total of one month one week), I am told to go get my car.
- THE SHEET METAL WAS STILL NOT FIXED
- THE DOOR SKIN WAS STILL NOT FIXED
- My bumper was crooked
- My hood was crooked (the hood repairs were wavy) and loose
However, the headlight worked, and they cleaned the inside of my car.... as well as cleaned it out. My microfiber cloth and swiffer duster were missing. Also, they blew through a HALF tank of gas.... They drove it over 30 miles.
---Where did they go?
---Did they run my car for an entire day with the AC on to blow through a half tank of gas?
---Why was my center console cleaned out and belongings not put back?
The alignment felt ok... but a few miles down the road, my car was gently pulling right again, but then would straighten out, then go right again.
This shop did the WORST BODY / MECHANICAL work I have EVER seen. They had my car for over a month, and they blatantly ignored the list of issues. When the car went back to my insurance company last night to go to a DIFFERENT shop because Dayton did such a terrible job TWICE, my insurance had to reimburse me for the gas, missing items, and the alignment I had to have done at Mazda so I could drive the car-- which, by the way, it failed.
- My bumper was crooked, and actually coming off the body of the car
- My hood was not flat (still had a bend in it from the accident) and was loose.
- The car still gently pulls to the right, then straight, then left, then right.
I have just been informed that the new body shop my car was sent to found other things wrong with the car. I am waiting for this list, but clearly they did not service my car at all.
RUN from this shop. HORRIBLE SERVICE! HORRIBLE WORK!
0/0 users found this helpful.