Need Help?

1995 Acura Integra GS-R 4dr Sedan Manual

1995 Acura Integra
Do you own this car?
Estimated Mileage
Enter current mileage for most
accurate info about this vehicle

Track Your Service Records
Get Recall Alerts
Get Updated Value Estimates on Your Car.

back to question list

Ask the Community

Ask Our Auto Mechanics

November 17, 2010, 10:46 am

Rick T

Question: Engine not getting fuel

Fuel pump doesn't start. I have the manual but don't have the fusable conectors to test the relay. There is power to the relay but don't know if the relay is bad or if it is the fuel pump, or something else. Tested for pressure in the tank and there was none. Pump doesn't pressurize the tank. Will I need to take the car in or is there someone who can test a relay?

November 19, 2010, 6:53 am

Elizabeth K

You can use a wiring diagram to determine which wire is the relay output to the fuel pump, and see if you have power there when there are the appropriate inputs to the relay, or you can test the relay as described here:

You will be able to find a wiring diagram for your vehicle in the online repair manuals on the website.

1/1 users found this helpful.

November 19, 2010, 9:30 am

Rick T

I replaced the relay after testing as the manual suggested. The tank seemed to pressurize but the car still won't start. It smells like gas comming from the tailpipe.
I checked the distributer and it looks fine. Letting it sit for a few incase I flooded the engine. I'm really hoping that I don't have to replace the fuel pump! Is there anything else I should check now?

0/0 users found this helpful.

November 19, 2010, 11:26 am

Elizabeth K

Your best bet is to go through the troubleshooting methodically. I don't know what you've already done, but here's an article with the steps outlined. If you have any questions about it, let me know:

0/0 users found this helpful.

November 24, 2010, 8:32 am

Rick T

Hi Elizabeth
Turns out it was the ignitor in the distributor. Still the original main body with a new cap to cover the wear. So had to replace the whole thing!
Thanks for your help

1/1 users found this helpful.

November 24, 2010, 1:59 pm

Rick T

Advice needed!
Turns out the distributor was not the problem. The timing belt broke. The mechanic says that there is a 95% chance of a bent valve and wants to knoe if I want to spend almost $500 on attempting to go for the 5% chance it will start up.
Says there is no way for him to know otherwise. After the damage to my last vehical when the belt just had a bad spot ant it slipped, I am not sure if I should just cut my losses.
ANY! advice would be very much appreciated.Thanks
Have a great Thanksgiving.

0/0 users found this helpful.

1 2 
Ask our panel of certified auto mechanics a question. We pay for their advice so you don't have to

My Auto Score

See the free AutoCheck score

Meet The Experts
Kim Perrin
Kim Perrin is our resident mechanic here at DriverSide. Kim worked as…
Tyler Orr
Tyler Orr is an expert in German and Japanese cars and has been a mechanic …
Elizabeth Kriesten
Elizabeth Kriesten worked as an automotive technician for several years at Dodge…
Tips on Servicing

Car Brakes: How Do You Know When to Change Them?

By Zach Bowman For those who suffer a daily commute through heavy traffic, your vehicle's braking system can bring thousands of pounds of metal, plastic and empty Starbucks cups to a stop hundreds of times before you get to work. It goes without saying that these pieces wear out, but they do so slowly, meaning you may not notice they need attention until ...

Read more…